How well do you know Private Jets? Challenge yourself with these 15 simple questions and find out.
The answers are at the bottom of the article.
Over to the private jet brain busters:
- When did the first business jet fly?
2. Arrange in global jet fleet domination, from high to low:
- By what percentage does a new business aircraft depreciate in its first 5 years?
- What are the roles & responsibilities of the air charter companies?
- What are the various types of jets?
- Which is the most popular private jet in the world?
- Which country has almost 50% of the private jets of the world?
- Who is the owner of world’s most expensive jet?
- What does ‘Mach’ mean?
- Name the world’s fastest private jet.
- How much does a private jet cost (approx. range)?
- How much does a private jet cost to charter (approx. range)?
- Name the first supersonic private jet that is currently being built.
- Why does the crew always dim the lights when the plane lands?
- In what ways can you save time when flying private?
- In 1963, Learjet 23, a light-jet. However, there were unsuccessful prototype flights in the 1950s. The first large long range jet was the Grumman Gulfstream II in the year 1966.
- a. e. d. b
- Owning or managing private jets. They have developed relationships with air charter operators and handle all aspects of aircraft operation for their clients chartering the aircraft.
- Very light jets, light jets, mid-size jets, super mid-size jets, large jets and VIP airliners.
- The Citation Excel, the mid-size jet of Cessna.
- The United States of America.
- The world’s most expensive private jet is an Airbus A380 owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud of Saudi Arabia. It has an estimated cost of $500 million+. Some of the special features of this lavish jet include a 2-car garage, a stable for horses & camels, and a prayer room that rotates so it always faces Mecca.
- The ‘Mach’ number indicates the aircraft speed as compared to the speed of sound in air (1,235 kmph). Mach 1 equates to the speed of sound and is named after the physicist Ersnt Mach.
- The Cessna Citation X+ is the fastest private jet in the world with a top speed touching Mach 0.935. It is the closest a private jet has ever come to breaking the sound barrier. The next decade is expected to bring even faster flying jets.
- The price of a brand-new private jet ranges from $3 million to $90 million.
- Depending on the location, route, season and other factors, on an average you can expect to pay between $1,300-$3,000 per flying hour for a turboprop or executive light jet; $4,000-$8,000 per flying hour for a midsize to super-midsize jet; and $8,600-$13,000 per flying hour for a large private jet.
- The Aerion AS2, which is estimated to be priced at an astonishing $120 million.
- The reason is security preparation. It is a precautionary measure that allows a passenger’s eyes to adjust to darkness. In case something goes wrong on descent, the eyes would already be adjusted for evacuation.
- The time you spend on the ground is minimal, usually 15 minutes. Access to many more airports and the straight route can slim down the travel time considerably.
Did you get the all answers right?
Watch out for more trivia questions for aviation geeks!